3D Printing Policy
The College’s 3D printers are available to the college to make three-dimensional objects in plastic or powder–binder (plaster) using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file.
I. The College’s 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes. Users will not be permitted to use the College’s 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Campus environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
II. The College reserves the right to refuse any 3D print requests.
III. Cost: A 3D printing fee will be charged to cover the printing material costs. Failed prints due to errors within the 3D model will still be charged for materials used. Failed prints due to staff errors or hardware failure of the 3D printers will not be charged.
IV. Charge: Items printed by
- ProJet 3510 SD ($0.35 per gram for plastic material and $0.25 per gram for support material).
- ProJet 460Plus ($0.10 per gram for the product and $0.25 per ml for binder).
V. Items must be picked up by the individual who requested them.
VI. Only designated College staff and Faculty will have hands-on access to the 3D printers.