- Parent Category: Departments
The Fullerton Arboretum is a 26 acre botanical garden with a collection of plants from around the world. The Arboretum officially was created in 1976, and officially opened in 1979. A centerpiece of the Arboretum is the Heritage House, which was built in 1894 as the home and office of Fullerton's pioneer physician, Dr. George C. Clark. In 1972 the house was moved to what is now the middle of the Arboretum. The restored house now serves as a museum of family life and medical practice of the 1890s.